Sunday, September 12, 2010

It still needs quilting

... and binding
... and cat-and-dawg-hair defluffing

but as of about 10 minutes ago
it IS in one piece

tada!
and I don't know whether you can actually see but the beggar is longer than my walls are high - 4" of bottom border is trailing on the carpet

which is why 'Harmony' is currently spread out on the spare bed behind a very closed door

- because I don't trust a certain elderly cat who seems to believe that anything sitting on the carpet is fair game

12 comments:

Liz said...

It's just beautiful, I love it..
Lizzie
xxx

ozjane said...

Looks really lovely on the bed...can see the proportions now. Great work and I am sure the binding went well.
I would not trust any four foot with quilt around. Have had fun watching mine with an almost 2 yr old today.

Denise said...

OMG. It's STUNNING.

Marcie said...

Beautiful, I'm sure they'll love it!

Fran said...

Looks great, and sooo huge!
hugz,

Rose Red said...

It's been fab watching the progress of your goegeous creation. Stunning!

Crowing Moon said...

lovely

cait said...

It's wonderful! Congratulations!

Stephanie Newman said...

Its lovely Susan, I love the shading and dimension on this quilt.

Donna Lee said...

It's breathtaking. And what's a little cat and dog hear between friends (or family members?)

gayle said...

Beautiful!
I always bog down at the quilting and binding. Apparently I enjoy the problem-solving part of making the quilt top more than I like having a finished quilt...

Alwen said...

I look at these things, and the hair goes up on my arms, they're so beautiful! I want to make a print of it and hang it on my wall!