Saturday, July 03, 2010

Mini Quilt Show part 1


I've made well over 200 quilts ... not sure how many exactly because I stopped counting, or otherwise keeping track, about a decade ago ... and there are an awful lot that I don't have photos of any more.
Most of those would have been early pre-digital-image ones, and to be brutally honest, a lot were pretty ordinary ... not poorly made you understand. just ... well... maybe a bit ... ummm ... pedestrian.
Most were made just because I just couldn't imagine NOT making quilts. They were made for my home and family, given away as gifts, or charity donations, or made as class samples once I started teaching, and later for publication.
Anyway as I said, a lot of those ones I don't have digital photos of [ and quite possibly wouldn't own up to even if I did ]
so basically you're getting a random selection of what's on the computer, which almost by definition, means the later stuff
No promises that you won't have seen them on the blog before either


[ because basically I'm far too lazy to go back and check ]
but they'll hopefully be new to some of you


6 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, what lovely and unusual looking quilts (to me, anyway) because I'm not a qulter...I especially like the jungle one with the lion and leopard peeking through, but I really enjoyed looking at them all...nice work :-)

lisette said...

so beautiful and even more breath-taking in real life :) xxxx

Crowing Moon said...

All new to me. Fabulous quilts. They're all so pretty :)

Unknown said...

VERY beautiful. i'm so so envious of your talent, AND anyone who gets to see/utilize these in real life!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. So talented.

Alwen said...

I would put these up in my house, if I thought the house was worthy! Or buy posters of them.

Wow.