Friday, June 04, 2010

Friday Fotos

You could say that 't'was a little bit chilly this morning [ minus .5 ]

Certain unimpressed caprines alerted me to the need to de-ice their drinking water

but on the plus side, I had a perfect excuse to cover myself in knitterly goodness:

my black alpaca wristwarmer/fingerless gloves
black merino cowl
hand knitted Brrripple socks [ which were not black, but inside cowdy boots the colour was largely immaterial ... although, just for the record and in the interests of full disclosure, they were green ]and
ta da

the latest iteration of the Weekender beret


I realise that you haven't actually seen versions one and two yet, but that gives me blog fodder for another day, right ?

and

found these Christmas bits and pieces at the Salvos Op Shop for the grand sum of 60 cents.
which I do realise has not the slightest connection to the rest of the post, but ... meh! ... can't always craft a clever segue, and I was thrilled to find 'em which is reason enough for a photo or two.

5 comments:

Ozjane said...

Oh I am so envious of that Christmas china.......I could say you lucky duck!!! But I would never be corny aka that.
Not even with my new red hair.
How the heck do you take a photo of yourself??

Doris Sturm said...

Let's trade places - I want out of this heat pit and back into the ice age! I envy you! Oh, how I yearn for cold weather - even ice and snow!

Carol said...

Oh my goodness, now that IS icy!

gayle said...

Our sheep are always offended by ice water. They usually protest loud and long. And generally kick over the bucket.
Love the beret!

Lynne said...

Lovely Christmas china.

Lovely beret.

Lovely part photo of you. (You'd think I could find another adjective, wouldn't you?)

Do you always wear make-up to de-ice the goats' water source? LOL