Thursday, April 22, 2010

Baa Baa White Sheep have you any wool ?

I found this cute little cheapie Sheepie at Chickenfeed for ... well ... chickenfeed.

$4.99.

I walked past her
backed up
gave myself a stiff talking to ...
because, y'know, she's cheap and bright and probably not all that durable
and I did put her back and walk away

and then came back the next morning
Yeah, lead me not into temptation, I can find it perfectly well all by myself !

and did I mention that she's a moneybox

So what I'm thinking is that I'll put my gold coins [ $1 & $2 ] in Sheepie and that will be my spending money for the Sheep & Wool Show in July.

and now, because I was asked nicely, even if it was only by one person:
here's the specs on the pink shawl [ and those of you who are sick and tired of the parade of lace can just move along now - I'll never know if you don't tell me ]

It's a slightly late birthday pressie for my BFF in Tassie who is basically the queen of hot pink
and as it is currently winging its way over Bass Strait, it's a bit late to get a better pic. Ahh well.

pattern: [ as if you didn't know ]
Forest Canopy Shawl - yes again ... I needed to do this fast and on autopilot - as in 4 days go to whoa.
15 repeats of the lace pattern and no mods.

yarn:
Bendigo Woollen Mills Baby 4ply in Frost, overdyed with Landscape Wild Rasberry
[ and this next unblocked photo is truer for colour plus it gives you a sense of how much the lace opens up when wet]

I used just over half of a 200 gram ball

needles:
KP Harmony 5.5mm and cast off on 6mm

and it ended up slightly over 70" wide [ 1.8metres ]

7 comments:

ozjane said...

Cute.......I must photograph my two..one is a money box and the other is more fluffy.
Maybe I should start saving for something.......lol.

Donna Lee said...

Four days? You're a marvel (even if you have made more of these than anyone on the planet). It really is beautiful.

I'm trying to resist tchatchkes but that little sheep is adorable. I'd probably have given in and bought it, too.

Blessings each day said...

Well you caught me with the cute sheep...had to come here even though I am rushed this morning. Too cute, glad you didn't resist so you could share this sheep!

Beautiful pattern too!

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Lynne said...

So I guess you'd say you have your money's worth out of that pattern? LOL

Saving gold coins towards Bendigo sounds like a good idea. I've heard that some people can get quite carried away! LOL

catsmum said...

Donna, apparently there's some woman in the UK who's made 30+ of these - this is only my fifth!
and Lynne? yes as you well remember SOME people do buy rather a lot [ here's looking at you kid ]
I set a budget and dtick to it AND leave the credit card at home. Thanks to Sheepie the budget may run a little higher this year :]

lisette said...

the shawls are gorgeous - don't stop showing them! i'm in awe of people who can do lace

Sam said...

I second what Lisette says! I love seeing lace, and this is a beautiful example of the genre. Gorgeous colour too!