Thursday, February 11, 2010

a minor CATastrophe

Every grandma I've ever met says the same thing:
that grandchildren are wonderful, the joy of one's life, but the best part is that you can hand them back at the end of the day

the same apparently goes for grandkittens [ who are going home tomorrow ]

Sumi misjudged the leap onto my bedside table - or maybe she didn't realise that Bear and Sophie were on my bed - in any case the net result was a coffee-soaked piece of antique linen-and-lace, a very wet patch of carpet, a dead piece of Royal Doulton

and a damp cat who at least had the grace to look repentant

" Sorry Nannie"

11 comments:

Sue said...

Oh isnt she just adorable, she looks just like our Miss Bella who likes to inspect every little thing in her world and usually ends up doing something she shouldnt!

Anonymous said...

Well at least gorgeous said sorry, I didn't mean it. Just love your grand kitty; Reminds me of Mikey at that age. Mischievous to boot; but the look of butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.

The Boy said...

She's been framed I tell you! That Missy has set her up, I'm sure of it!!

Nadie said...

I apologise profusely on behalf of my cat :(

catsmum said...

apologies accepted

ozjane said...

Such a shame about the spill but no wonder you have not been writing much with grandkittens to play with and snuggle..
I have a 3 am photo of the furry ball here who climbed over me, climbed over the chest of drawers and around the lamp and curled up in the dust in the corner of the bookshelf.....I will never know why?
I did take photos.....

Alwen said...

Oops.

(Verification is beat i one, but it sounds like you are more forgiving than that!)

Blessings each day said...

Horrors...Hyacinth would be mortified with her love of all things Doulton (from one of my favorite old sitcoms, "Keeping Up Appearances".

Our cats and dogs have done their share of ahvoc for sure.

Happy to hear you didn't get cut.

blessings,

marcy

Lynne said...

How can one not forgive that face?

Sorry about the plate - can it be put back together?

catsmum said...

no hope of mending it Lynne - too many tiny shards lost forever in the rubbish bin

Lindi said...

Shame about your china and your linen-and-lace. Will it stain? SHe is adorable, though, isn't she?