Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Can you say S-H-O-R-T ?


  • I think that Not-Necessarily-The-World's-Greatest-Stylist-But-Certainly-One-Of-The-Cheapest has reached an entirely new definition of short [ and before you say anything comforting, I do like it ]
  • Yes I am aware that I have a very round head - and when that pic was taken the new 'do' was gelled up straight. It's now laying flat and looks even shorter. The back is as short as the sides ... maybe shorter if that's physically possible.
  • As a consequence of the above, any lingering concerns about the possibility of bed-hair while I'm in hospital next week have been shown the door... which is why it was cut that short in the first place, and why I've been hanging out with a dodgy grown-out cut for at least the last 3 weeks so that it would be at optimum shortness for hospitalisation.
  • Can anyone explain why is it that the week my hair reaches its full feral 'Goddess, I need a cut now' potential, older acquaintances start suddenly complementing me on how nice it looks ?
  • and with absolutely no attempt at a segue, I offer for your approval: David's latest ceramic 'creation' made at his day placement with minimal interference from the instructor who knows that I'd rather have genuine 'David' than something that has been tidied up by someone else
  • Two-and-a-half-year-old Grandson-y goodness- "Ball, Nanny!"
  • More adorableness sandwiched between my DDIL [blonde] and his Auntie Nadie [ brunette]
  • His mummy loved her Ice Queen Cowl and also the one made from my handspun sacred alpaca. In case I had any doubts on this score, my #1 son made a very particular point of telling me just how much she loved 'em during our last phone call.
  • It's always nice to be told that a present you've slaved over was truly appreciated.

12 comments:

Sue said...

I love your new haircut, it suits your face. I too have a round face and keep my hair nearly as short as yours although my daughter keeps telling me I would look nicer with it longer. It is much easier to do short though. Your grandson looks very cute.

Rose Red said...

I LOVE your haircut! It suits you so well. I wish I could carry such short hair.

And I think David's creation is just gorgeous. Not least because it is red!

Bernie said...

Susan, your hair looks so cute, and it suits you. I had mine cut short last week and I was devastated with the results as I didn't feel it suited me at all, others have told me they like it. It's been a few days now and I am slowly getting use to it and there are times I honestly like it. I love your attitude.
Your grandson is gorgeous.
Hope your hospital stay will be short and you will be well soon. I have added you to my pray list. Have a great day.....:-) Hugs

PS: I have to admit I thought you were much older as you are so creative and talented, I know, I know one should never assume anything. You are much younger than I am and I do think your haircut looks lovely.

catsmum said...

Hey Bernie - thanks for the kind words but really I'm not THAT much younger than you are - a mere 6 years - it's just a slightly more flattering photo than usual ... the cowl is doing a great job of hiding the jowls/neck LOL

Alice said...

Great idea for short haircut - hope your hospital stay is just as short...lol.

David's red pot is very impressive and lovely. He and you should both be very proud.

Marcie said...

Love Dave's pot. The grandson is cute, they are lovely at that age. The hair will probably be just about right by the time you come home from hossie...

Donna Lee said...

I color my roots every 3-4 weeks. The few days right before I'm planning to get the color kit out, people start telling me how nice it looks. I want to ask "can't you see the grey roots?" but I refrain from doing so. If they do see them, they're too nice to comment.

I've had short hair for years and I like it that way. I don't even own a comb or brush. I wash it, put some anti frizz stuff on my hands and rub it through and finger comb it. No fuss. I love how cute your new cut looks!

Robbyn said...

Awesome haircut - I have always been fond of very short hair and yours looks teriffic! But mine's shorter still, courtesy of chemotherapy :)

I'll be holding a good thought for you while you're in the hospital. Should you feel some warm, calm and supportive vibes coming from New England, USA, it's me wishing you well.

Hugs :)

Warty Mammal said...

Don't you look lovely!

David's work is striking. The choice of color and surface design really compliment each other.

Liz said...

I adore your haircut, wish I had the courage to go that short!! David's creation is fabulous and I love the colour with the succulents.
Lizzie
XXX

Gizzy's Mom said...

My hair is almost that short. If I need to use a comb, it's too long! I was a little taken aback, though, when I overheard the hairdresser tell the cashier to bill me for "the man's cut". Ooops!

Denise said...

Love the haircut! I got my hair cut short a few months ago for the same reason - hospital / surgery in the months ahead.

I'm sure it will all go well, the waiting is the worst bit.

Lovely photos of your family, too!!