Monday, August 31, 2009

Farewell Old Man Winter

Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness! **


Yes, by the way we strange Australians keep track of the seasons, Spring does indeed start tomorrow.

There's been a lot of this strange wet stuff falling from the heavens recently and those whose memories can stretch back far enough that they are able to remember life before the drought [ ie more than a decade and a half ] seem to think that it might be something called 'rain' ... well, whatever the heck it is, the garden likes it.


**~Thomas Blackburn

and no, I didn't forget that I promised a different species of post today but I'm just so happy to be heading into Spring that I thought you might forgive a small detour :]

7 comments:

Blessings each day said...

I love Spring aqnd now we are having Autumn which I also love, but Spring is my favorite so I will have to enjoy it thorugh you!!

The flowers look sooo beautiful!

Loved the picture of Bear 'hiding'...just wish you could have caught him peeking around too! Is he afraid of The Weasleys??

blessings and hugs,

marcy

Bernie said...

Hi Susan and Happy Spring....here we are preparing for Fall my favorite time of year but I am dreading what comes after. You seem to get heavy frost where we get heavy snow...as in blizzards! Oh well not much one can do about it except enjoy the fire and a hot mug of apple cider.....loved your photo's and have a wonderful day..
.....:-) Hugs

Sheepish Annie said...

Enjoy your spring and summer season! I took very good care of them for you, honest! I will miss them, but I can't think of a better person to hand them off to!.

catsmum said...

Thanks for that Sheepie - your good stewardship is appreciated and I'll try to return them to you in good condition in 6 months time

:)

Nadie said...

de spring is sprung
de grass is riz
I wonder where de birdies is?
de little birds is on de wing
now thats absurd
de little wings is on de bird!

Nadie said...

btw it's an el nino year and forecast to be much hotter and dryer than last summer. I'm not sure that's even possible :( How are the plans for that fire bunker coming along?

Nadie said...

and after that the word verification is 'match'