Saturday, October 06, 2007

just an ordinary saturday in the bush




Beautiful spring day. White iris finally blooming after two years.




Another finished BSJ





A nice cup of chai






Some new mags to drool over [ and you better believe that the Norah Gaughan jacket on the cover of Interweave Knits went straight to the top of my to-do queue for next winter]





Miss C happily canoodling with Threebie -


Goaty gamboling






what more could a Catsmum want?


Well I can tell you what she didn't particularly want ...




which was to find this in the middle of the kitchen floor. Even if it IS only an inch long ... it's just the IDEA of scorpions.
Yeuchhhh
I'd swept it up without registering what it was and then noticed it sitting in the pile of general kitchen floor detritus. I must've stunned it with the vigour of my cleaning because it looked distinctly limp, immobile and generally dead at that point. Of course, as any diligent blogger would, I fetched the camera to show you the 'deceased' beastie ... who promptly twitched and got hastily relocated outside.
WAY outside.
WAY WAY outside

Next time I start rhapsodising about the joys of life in the big grey-green, you have my permission to remind me about today.

and as Nadie has just let me know via the comments, the photos have disappeared again. This is getting tired.
SO: Uploading.
AGAIN.
GRRRRRRR

12 comments:

Rose Red said...

Gotta take the bad with the good I guess. But that scorpion would have been squashed by a nice heavy shoe before I relocated it way way outside, if it was me!!!

Love the goats, Ms C and the BSJ!

Sheepish Annie said...

Ack!! I think I would have had a complete breakdown complete with whimpering and chocolate-eating if one of those little critters made it into my house. Thankfully, we don't get those in my corner of the planet!

MadMad said...

Agh! Stupid laptop - can't get the pictures. Will have to wait till I'm home on real computer to see them... but it sounds fascinating and scary, all at the same time. Can't wait!

Alice said...

Like Rose Red, I wouldn't have taken it too far outside before I changed its shape forever. Definitely not the sort of thing you want to have to think about IN the house - even outside is bad enough.

Hope there were enough good things in your day to sort of nullify the bad.

Nadie said...

Could see the pic of the flower, Caramel and my girls but not the scorpion. Should probably clarify that the variety you get aren't [overly] dangerous.

goat video still refusing to upload after trying various computers and networks multiple times. Grrr

BTW Cass's mum asked after you

Sheepish Annie said...

Yay for pictures! I have to admit that I was a little bit sad to not be able to see the gamboling goats.

Sara said...

Oh the sweater! It turned out so darn cute...I am starting mine...just got behind this week!!!

Loved all the photos...except the little scorpion...but, when we chose the "rural" life - we get those little critters!!!

Unknown said...

I must say that a scorpion is one thing that I'll never find in my kitchen . . . ;-)

Denise said...

EEeeeek, just LOOKING at a scorpion makes my toes curl up. I hate them. I can hold snakes, and don't mind spiders, but SCORPIONS? Shudder.

Your white iris is just stunning! And I agree about the Nora Gaughan jacket, I want to make that one too :D

Linda Mullen said...

Ahh I see blogger is playing with you

Anonymous said...

I am so intrigued by the BSJ, would love to make one, but in crochet. If I could have a look at one of yours 'in the flesh' and before sewing up, I reckon I could work out how to do it?
That scorpion - brrrhhh! I've seen them over on Mt. Alexander - but your patch is a bit too close for comfort!

catsmum said...

Shall bring one next time I see you, Marcie, okay?