Tuesday, January 02, 2007

MeMe: Six Weird Things about Me

  • I only wear 5 colours. Blues, teal/turquoise, reds, plums/purples and black. The couple of pieces in my wardrobe that don't conform were gifts. I used to find myself buying what were essentially the same pieces over and over so I decided to simplify. Twice a year I do a total wardrobe check and go shopping for what's missing. Do I have a basic pair of trousers? skirt? cardigan? in each colourway ? No? Then go get one.
  • I spend half the year wearing cowboy boots. No other footwear from about April till October. I have a blue pair, jade, and brown [ yeah I know, not one of my colours but they were gorgeous and go with everything ]
  • I like order. My fiction books and DVDs are arranged in alphabetical order . CDs and Non Fiction are arranged by genre. My fabric is arranged by colour. My yarn by gauge... but I'm not a naturally tidy person.
  • My T-shirt drawer is colour co-ordinated. So's my wardrobe.
  • I don't like crowds. The large craft fairs are an ordeal not a pleasure. I avoid shopping malls if at all possible .
  • I count things and work out percentages... I've read x pages so I'm 1/3 through the book. I've done y blocks so that's 1/4 of the quilt.

Okay now it's your turn Nadie, Nola, Maz, Linda, Felicity and whoever else hasn't done this one yet. Caity?

7 comments:

lisette said...

only 6 weird things?? i'll have to prioritise...

Sheepish Annie said...

That's some good weird stuff!!! I'm loving this meme! It makes me feel so much better about my own "quirks." Except for the fear of zombies. That one just remains "odd."

crazyhaberdasher said...

Sorry Susan, I couldn't come up with anything other than adding to your "weirdness"....check out the blog and you will see what I mean! (hopefully)......

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to read that someone else organizes clothes by color, and books and CDs by color/genre, etc.

I hope you feel better (migraines are awful) -- I am so impressed at all your 2006 FOs!

Linda Mullen said...

6 things?

- well I'm French (Canadian)
- I bite my nails
- I have a temper (I guess the red hair would give it away)
- When playing cards, all the cards must be the same way otherwise it drives me nuts
- I'm a chocoholic
- I LUV shopping

Anonymous said...

Loved your list :) I tend toward the limited colors thing too, only I realized when I was reading your post that I do try to get everything in purple :) That's frequently not possible so other colors creep in here and there. But if it comes in purple, that's the one I bring home!

Can you tell I found a great purple sweater yesterday? LOL!

Val said...

I can really relate to the not liking crowds bit.